The purpose of this Appraisal Policy Template is to address the requirements for appraisals and evaluations made pursuant to loan activities for a bank, credit union, fintech company, or other type of financial institution. The appraisal and evaluation standards incorporate current federal regulatory policy guidelines governing the procedures to obtain formal appraisals and evaluations on real estate secured loans, and the policy sets forth the frequency and content of appraisals and evaluations and describes the real estate appraisal review process.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Independence of the Appraisal and Evaluation Program – Topic 4
- Selection of Appraisers or Persons Who Perform Evaluations – Topic 5
- Transactions that Require Appraisals or Evaluations – Topic 6
- Appraisal Exemptions – Topic 7
- Minimum Appraisal and Evaluation Standards – Topic 8
- Appraisal and Evaluation Development – Topic 9
- Appraisal Reports – Topic 10
- Review and Analysis of Appraisals – Topic 11
- Third-Party Arrangements – Topic 12
- Other Evaluation Methods – Topic 13
- Fee Collection – Topic 14
- Regulation B Applicability – Topic 15
- Regulation Z Applicability – Topic 16
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Applicability – Topic 17
- Appraisal Management Company Requirements – Topic 18
- Audit Policy – Topic 19
- Staff Training – Topic 20
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 21
This Appraisal Policy Template (approximately 67 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.