Commercial Loan Policy
The purpose of this Commercial Loan Policy Template is to address commercial loan products, underwriting, and related lending operations of a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution. In general, the primary purpose of an organization’s commercial lending operations is to generate income while serving the credit needs of all creditworthy businesses within its geographic area by maintaining an effective loan policy and underwriting standards, in conjunction with sound loan administration by its officers and lending personnel, in order to achieve a healthy loan portfolio. See more information about this product below.
Commercial Loan Policy
The purpose of this Commercial Loan Policy Template is to address commercial loan products, underwriting, and related lending operations of a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution. In general, the primary purpose of an organization’s commercial lending operations is to generate income while serving the credit needs of all creditworthy businesses within its geographic area by maintaining an effective loan policy and underwriting standards, in conjunction with sound loan administration by its officers and lending personnel, in order to achieve a healthy loan portfolio.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Risk Management – Topic 4
- Responsibility – Topic 5
- General Credit Underwriting Guidelines – Topic 6
- Short Term Loans – Topic 7
- Revolving Lines of Credit – Topic 8
- Asset Based Loans and Formula Lines of Credit – Topic 9
- Term Loans – Topic 10
- Professional Loans – Topic 11
- Flooring Lines of Credit – Topic 12
- Indirect Dealer Loans – Topic 13
- Letters of Credit – Topic 14
- Participation Loans – Topic 15
- Unsecured Loans – Topic 16
- Savings/TCD Secured Loans – Topic 17
- Stock and Bond Secured Loans – Topic 18
- Small Business Administration Loans – Topic 19
- Small Business Lending Fund Program Loans – Topic 20
- Title Company Loans – Topic 21
- Faith Based Organization Loans – Topic 22
- Native American Tribal Lending – Topic 23
- Agricultural Loans – Topic 24
- Leveraged Financing – Topic 25
- Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan Program – Topic 26
- Oil and Gas Industry Loans – Topic 27
- Lease Financing – Topic 28
- Marketplace Loan Program – Topic 29
- Audit Policy – Topic 30
- Staff Training – Topic 31
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 32
Includes the following form templates:
- Commercial Loan Action Plan and Status Report (2 pages)
- Loan Presentation Form – Commercial (8 pages)
Recent updates to this product:
Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Accounting Standard
Revised Trade Finance and Services Booklet- OCC Bulletin 2018-38
Revised Agricultural Lending and Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Lending Booklets- OCC Bulletin 2018-38
Statement of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection on Enactment of S.J. Res. 57
SBA – 504 Loans and Debentures With 25 Year Maturity
FDIC – Supervisory Insights Journal – Winter 2017
This Commercial Loan Policy Template (approximately 288 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format for $425.00.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.