General Loan Policy
The purpose of this General Loan Policy Template is to generally state the conditions and the processes under which a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution operates its lending operations in order to provide a foundation of safe and sound credit decisions and adherence to all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Lending Authority and Responsibility – Topic 3
- Secondary Review and Credit Denial – Topic 4
- Lending Limits – Topic 5
- Portfolio Management, Diversifications and Concentrations – Topic 6
- General Credit Underwriting Guidelines – Topic 7
- Loan Participations and Purchases – Topic 8
- Loans to Executive Officers and Directors Policy Reference – Topic 9
- Loans to Employees – Topic 10
- Appraisal Policy Reference – Topic 11
- Environmental Risk Policy Reference – Topic 12
- Depository Relationships – Topic 13
- Overdraft Policy Reference – Topic 14
- Documentation and Responsibilities – Topic 15
- Execution of Loan Documents – Topic 16
- Loan File Requirements – Topic 17
- Loan File Administration – Topic 18
- Loan Loss Reserve Policy Reference – Topic 19
- Loan Grading Policy Reference – Topic 20
- Loan Review Policy Reference – Topic 21
- Non-Accrual and Charged-Off Loan Policy Reference – Topic 22
- Other Real Estate Owned Policy Reference – Topic 23
- Audit Policy – Topic 24
- Staff Training – Topic 25
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 26
Recent updates to this product:
OCC Bulletin 2020-79 – Revised Other Real Estate Owned Booklet
OCC Bulletin 2020-81 – Credit Risk: Risk Management of Loan Purchase Activities
Joint Press Release – Federal Financial Regulatory Agencies Issue Interagency Policy Statement on Allowances for Credit Losses and Interagency Guidance on Credit Risk Review Systems
Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Accounting Standard
OCC Bulletin 2018-26 – Revised Other Real Estate Owned Booklet
FDIC Supervisory Insights Journal – Winter 2017
This General Loan Policy Template (approximately 63 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.