Regulation E Policy
This Regulation E Policy Template addresses how a bank, credit union, fintech company, or other type of financial institution adheres to Regulation E – “Electronic Fund Transfer Act” (EFTA). In general, Regulation E carries out the purposes of the EFTA, which establishes the basic rights, liabilities, and responsibilities of consumers who use electronic fund transfer services and of financial institutions that offer these services.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Regulation E Requirements – Topic 4
- General Disclosure Requirements – Jointly Offered Services – Topic 5
- Issuance of Access Devices – Topic 6
- Liability of Consumer for Unauthorized Transfers – Topic 7
- Initial Disclosures – Topic 8
- Change in Terms and Error Resolution Notice – Topic 9
- Receipts at Electronic Terminals and Periodic Statements – Topic 10
- Preauthorized Transfers – Topic 11
- Procedures for Resolving Errors – Topic 12
- Services Offered by Provider Not Holding Consumer’s Account – Topic 13
- Electronic Fund Transfer of Government Benefits – Topic 14
- Disclosures at Automated Teller Machines – Topic 15
- Requirements Overdraft Services – Topic 16
- Prepaid Card Accounts – Topic 17
- Internet Posting of Prepaid Account Agreements – Topic 18
- Requirements for Gift Cards and Gift Certificates – Topic 19
- Requirements for Remittance Transfers – Topic 20
- Relation to Other Laws – Topic 21
- Miscellaneous – Topic 22
- Audit Policy – Topic 23
- Staff Training – Topic 24
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 25
Includes the following form template:
- Regulation E Model Disclosure Clauses and Forms – (37 pages)
This Regulation E Policy Template (approximately 64 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.