Regulation J Policy
The purpose of this Regulation J Policy Template is to address how a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution adheres to Regulation J – “Collection of Checks and Other Items by Federal Reserve Banks and Funds Transfer through Fedwire.”
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1 Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Audit Policy – Topic 4
- Staff Training – Topic 5
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 6
Subpart A – Collection of Checks and Other Items by Federal Reserve Banks
- General Provisions – Topic 1
- Sending Items to Reserve Banks – Topic 2
- Sender’s Agreement – Recovery by Reserve Bank – Topic 3
- Status, Warranties, and Liability of Reserve Bank – Topic 4
- Presenting Items for Payment – Topic 5
- Presenting Noncash Items for Acceptance – Topic 6
- Settlement and Payment – Topic 7
- Time Schedule and Availability of Credits – Topic 8
- Availability of Proceeds of Noncash Items – Time Schedule – Topic 9
- Return of Cash Items and Handling of Returned Checks – Topic 10
- Unpaid Items – Topic 11
- Extension of Time Limits – Topic 12
- Direct Presentment of Certain Warrants – Topic 13
Subpart B – Funds Transfers Through Fedwire
- General Provisions – Topic 1
- Reliance on Identifying Number – Topic 2
- Agreement of Sender – Topic 3
- Agreement of Receiving Bank – Topic 4
- Payment Orders – Topic 5
- Payment by a Federal Reserve Bank – Topic 6
- Federal Reserve Bank Liability and Payment of Interest – Topic 7
- Article 4A – Funds Transfers Reference – Topic 8
This Regulation J Policy Template (approximately 36 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format for $175.00.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.