Regulation O Policy
This Regulation O Policy Template addresses how a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution adheres to Regulation O – “Loans to Executive Officers, Directors, and Principal Shareholders of Member Banks” to prohibit a financial institution from making a loan to a member of one of these individuals unless the loan falls within specified limits permitted by the regulation. Additionally, this policy provides guidance on how the Board of Directors and Senior Management may legally and prudently engage in transactions with insiders by implementing risk management processes that provide for the appropriate control and monitoring of insider activities.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Regulation O and Related Laws and Regulations – Topic 4
- Board of Directors and Senior Management Responsibilities – Topic 5
- Risk Management – Topic 6
- Duty of Care and Duty of Loyalty – Topic 7
- Compensation and Benefits Paid to Insiders – Topic 8
- Extension of Credit – Topic 9
- General Prohibitions – Topic 10
- Additional Restrictions on Loans to Executive Officers – Topic 11
- Unauthorized Extension of Credit – Topic 12
- Public Disclosure – Topic 13
- Reporting Requirement for Credit Secured by Bank Stock – Topic 14
- Civil Penalties – Topic 15
- Application to Savings Associations – Topic 16
- Audit Policy – Topic 17
- Staff Training – Topic 18
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 19
Includes the following form template:
- Insider Policy Acknowledgement of Receipt (1 page)
This Regulation O Policy Template (approximately 39 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.