Regulation W Policy
The purpose of this Regulation W Policy Template is to address how a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution adheres to Regulation W – “Transactions Between Member Banks and Their Affiliates.” Sections 23A and 23B of the Federal Reserve Act are important statutory provisions designed to protect a financial institution from suffering losses in transactions with its affiliates. They also limit the ability of a financial institution to transfer to its affiliates the subsidy arising from the financial institution’s access to the Federal safety net.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Regulation W Background – Topic 3
- Definitions – Topic 4
- Subpart B – General Provisions of Section 23A – Topic 5
- Subpart C – Valuation and Timing Principals of Section 23A – Topic 6
- Subpart D – Other Requirements of Section 23A – Topic 7
- Subpart E – Exemptions from the Provisions of Section 23A – Topic 8
- Subpart F – General Provisions of Section 23B – Topic 9
- Subpart G – Application to U.S. Banks and Agencies of Foreign Banks – Topic 10
- Subpart H – Miscellaneous Interpretations – Topic 11
- Subpart I – Savings Institutions – Transactions With Affiliates – Topic 12
- Audit Policy – Topic 13
- Staff Training – Topic 14
- Retention of Records – Topic 15
This Regulation W Policy Template (approximately 28 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.