Corporate Governance Policy
The purpose of this Corporate Governance Policy Template is to outline the corporate governance framework of a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution that leads the strategic direction and controls of the organization which, in general, focuses on relationships, policies, and processes that provide strategic direction and controls for the entity. This corporate governance process is the foundation for a financial institution’s safe and sound operations, and is necessary to remain profitable, competitive, and resilient through changing economic and market conditions. As such, a financial institution’s corporate governance framework is to be functionally sound and appropriate for the size, complexity, and risk profile of the organization.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- General Overview – Topic 3
- Banking Laws, Rulings and Regulations – Topic 4
- Board of Directors – General Responsibilities – Topic 5
- Board of Directors – Individual Director Responsibilities – Topic 6
- Board of Directors – Committees – Topic 7
- Board of Directors – Communications – Topic 8
- Board of Directors – Composition and Selection Process – Topic 9
- Board of Directors – Director Independence – Topic 10
- Board of Directors – Meeting Guidelines – Topic 11
- Board of Directors – Selection of Executive Officers – Topic 12
- Board of Directors – Self Examination and Assessment – Topic 13
- Board of Directors – Strategic and Profit Plans – Topic 14
- Board of Directors – Training – Topic 15
- Senior Management Responsibilities – Topic 16
- Capitalization – Topic 17
- Code of Ethics – Topic 18
- Community Commitment – Topic 19
- Compensation – General – Topic 20
- Compensation – Annual Bonus Plan – Topic 21
- Compensation – Board of Directors – Topic 22
- Compensation and Evaluation – Chief Executive Officer – Topic 23
- Compensation and Evaluation – Senior Management – Topic 24
- Enterprise Wide Risk Management Program – Topic 25
- Fidelity Bonds and Insurance – Topic 26
- Stress Testing Program – Topic 27
Recent updates to this product:
Federal Bank Regulatory Agencies Issue Final Rule to Simplify Capital Calculation for Community Banks
OCC News Release 2019-114 – OCC Issues Final Rule Amending Stress Testing Rule for National Banks and Federal Savings Associations
FDIC Final Rule
Joint Press Release – Simplifications to the Capital Rule – Final Rule
OCC Bulletin 2019-38 – Revised Updated Booklets and Rescissions
Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Accounting Standard
Joint Release – Agencies Allow Three-Year Regulatory Capital Phase In for New Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Accounting Standard
Joint Release – Agencies Issue Statement Regarding the Impact of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
FDIC Final Rule – Rescind Certain Capital Regulations
Basel III Capital Conversion Buffer/Other Key Regulatory Capital Requirements
Final Rule – Testing and Conforming Changes to Stress Testing – OCC Bulletin 2018-4
This Corporate Governance Policy Template (approximately 141 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.