Regulation P Policy
The purpose of this Regulation P Policy Template is to address how a bank, credit union, fintech company, or other type of financial institution adheres to Regulation P – “Privacy of Consumer Financial Information” regarding the treatment of nonpublic personal information about consumers.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Responsibilities – Topic 4
- Initial Privacy Notice – Topic 5
- Annual Notice to Customers – Topic 6
- Contents of Privacy Notices – Topic 7
- Right to Opt-Out – Topic 8
- Revised Privacy Notices – Topic 9
- Delivering Privacy and Opt-Out Notices – Topic 10
- Limits on Disclosures – Topic 11
- Exceptions – Topic 12
- Relation to State Laws – Topic 13
- Right to Financial Privacy Act Policy Reference – Topic 14
- Safeguarding Customer Information Policy – Topic 15
- Incident Response and Preparedness – Topic 16
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Reference – Topic 17
- Audit Policy – Topic 18
- Staff Training – Topic 19
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 20
Includes the following form templates:
- Information Systems Incident Response Procedures Checklist (9 pages)
- Privacy Acknowledgment – Employee (1 page)
- Regulation P Model Privacy Forms (12 pages)
Recent updates to this product:
Federal Reserve Board Letter SR22-4/CA 22-3, FDIC FIL-12-2022, and OCC Bulletin 2022-8
Joint Release – Agencies Approve Final Rule Requiring Computer-Security Incident Notification
This Regulation P Policy Template (approximately 89 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.