Commercial Real Estate Loan Policy
The purpose of this Commercial Real Estate Loan Policy Template is to address commercial real estate (CRE) loan products, underwriting, and related lending operations of a bank, credit union, fintech company, or other type of financial institution. In general, the primary purpose of an organization’s commercial real estate lending operations is to generate income while serving the credit needs of all creditworthy businesses within its geographic area by maintaining an effective loan policy and underwriting standards, in conjunction with sound loan administration by its officers and lending personnel, in order to achieve a healthy loan portfolio.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Risks Management – Topic 4
- Responsibility – Topic 5
- Loan Portfolio Management, Diversification and Concentrations – Topic 6
- Market Conditions and Analysis – Topic 7
- General Credit Underwriting Guidelines – Topic 8
- Acquisition, Development and Construction (ADC) Lending – Topic 9
- Income Producing Real Estate Lending – Topic 10
- Classification of CRE Loans – Topic 11
- Letters of Credit, Assurance or Cash in Lieu Bonds – Topic 12
- Title Insurance Procedures – Topic 13
- Commercial Real Estate Loan Workout Program – Topic 14
- Appraisal Policy Reference – Topic 15
- Environmental Risk Policy Reference – Topic 16
- Audit Policy – Topic 17
- Staff Training – Topic 18
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 19
Recent updates to this product:
OCC Bulletin 2022-7 – Commercial Real Estate Lending: Revised Comptroller’s Handbook Booklet and Rescissions
FDIC Final Rule – Real Estate Lending Standards
This Commercial Real Estate Loan Policy Template (approximately 126 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.