Identity Theft Program Policy
The purpose of this Identity Theft Program Policy Template is to outline the Identity Theft Program of a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution to detect, prevent, and mitigate identity theft in connection with the opening of all covered accounts or any existing covered accounts. See more information about this product below.
Identity Theft Program Policy
The purpose of this Identity Theft Program Policy Template is to outline the Identity Theft Program of a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution to detect, prevent, and mitigate identity theft in connection with the opening of all covered accounts or any existing covered accounts.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Structure of Accountability – Topic 4
- Identity Theft Program Overview – Topic 5
- Risk Assessment Process – Topic 6
- Red Flag Categories and Detection – Topic 7
- Identity Theft Prevention and Mitgation Techniques – Topic 8
- Social Engineering and Other Identity Theft Methods – Topic 9
- Monitoring of Suspicious Activities – Topic 10
- Customer Fraud Hotline – Topic 11
- Customer Identity Verification Procedures – Topic 12
- Fraud Investigation Procedures – Topic 13
- Re-Pollution Procedures – Topic 14
- Fraud and Active Duty Alert Procedures – Topic 15
- Duties of Card Issuers Regarding Changes of Address – Topic 16
- Notice of Address Discrepancy Procedures – Topic 17
- Malware, Spyware, and Virus Control Standards – Topic 18
- E-Mail Related Fraud Procedures – Topic 19
- Website Spoofing Procedures – Topic 20
- Audit Policy – Topic 21
- Staff Training – Topic 22
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 23
Includes the following form templates:
- FCRA Summary of Consumer Identity Theft Rights (2 pages)
- Identity Theft Affidavit Packet (9 pages)
Recent updates to this product:
FinCEN Advisory FIN-2019-A005 – Updated Advisory on Email Compromise Fraud Schemes Targeting Vulnerable Business Processes
Federal Reserve 07/15/19 FED360 – Gone Phishing – Tips to Help Protect Your Organization from Phishing Attempts
This Identity Theft Program Policy Template (approximately 39 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format for $175.00.
NOTE: The complete contents of this product are also included in the Fair Credit Reporting Act Policy Template.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.