New Accounts Policy
The purpose of this New Accounts Policy Template is to provide guidelines for opening all types of new accounts within a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution, including guidelines for acceptable identification, tenancy arrangements, and conducting over the counter transactions.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Required Disclosures – Topic 3
- Minimum Opening Balance Requirements – Topic 4
- New Account Screening – Topic 5
- Guidelines for Acceptable Identification and General Information – Topic 6
- Foreign Government, Embassies, or Political Figure Accounts – Topic 7
- Money Order Accounts – Topic 8
- NAICS Code Procedures – Topic 9
- Tenancy Eligibility – Topic 10
- Tenancy Arrangements – Topic 11
- Certificates of Fictitious Firm Names – Topic 12
- Assuring Collected Funds for Deposit – Topic 13
- Assigning Account Numbers – Topic 14
- File Requirements – Topic 15
- Reports and Callback Procedures – Topic 16
- Statements – Topic 17
- Powers of Attorney – Topic 18
- Facsimile Signatures – Topic 19
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 20
This New Accounts Policy Template (approximately 32 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.