Regulation Z Policy
This Regulation Z Policy Template addresses how a bank, credit union, fintech company, or other type of financial institution adheres to Regulation Z – “Truth in Lending Act” (TILA) by providing accurate and timely consumer disclosures for all loans covered by TILA in order to promote the informed use of consumer credit among its borrowers.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Exempt Transactions – Topic 4
- Finance Charge – Topic 5
- Open-End Credit – General Disclosure Requirements – Topic 6
- Open-End Credit – Account Opening Disclosures – Topic 7
- Open-End Credit – Periodic Statement Requirements – Topic 8
- Open-End Credit – Identifying Transactions on Periodic Statements – Topic 9
- Open-End Credit – Subsequent Disclosure Requirements – Topic 10
- Open-End Credit – Payments – Topic 11
- Open-End Credit – Treatment of Credit Balances and Account Termination – Topic 12
- Open-End Credit – Special Credit Card Provisions – Topic 13
- Open-End Credit – Billing Error Resolution Procedures – Topic 14
- Open-End Credit – Determination of Annual Percentage Rate – Topic 15
- Open-End Credit – Right of Rescission – Topic 16
- Open-End Credit – Advertising – Topic 17
- Closed-End Credit – General Disclosure Requirements – Topic 18
- Closed-End Credit – Content of Disclosures – Topic 19
- Closed-End Credit – Certain Mortgage and Variable Rate Transactions – Topic 20
- Closed-End Credit – Disclosure Requirements Regarding Post Consummation Events – Topic 21
- Closed-End Credit – Treatment of Credit Balances – Topic 22
- Closed-End Credit – Determination of Annual Percentage Rate – Topic 23
- Closed-End Credit – Right of Rescission – Topic 24
- Closed-End Credit – Advertising – Topic 25
- Use of Annual Percentage Rate in Verbal Disclosures – Topic 26
- Language of Disclosures – Topic 27
- Effect on State Laws – Topic 28
- State Exemptions – Topic 29
- Limitation on Rates – Topic 30
- Special Rules for Certain Home Mortgage Transactions – Topic 31
- Special Rules for Private Education Loans – Topic 32
- Special Rules for Credit Card Accounts and Open-End Credit – College Students – Topic 33
- Credit and Charge Card Applications and Solicitations – Topic 34
- Hybrid Prepaid-Credit Cards – Topic 35
- Audit Policy – Topic 36
- Staff Training – Topic 37
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 38
This Regulation Z Policy Template (approximately 203 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.