Community Reinvestment Act Policy
The purpose of this Community Reinvestment Act Policy Template is to address policies, procedures and processes for a bank, credit union, or other type of financial institution to comply with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) in order to meet the credit needs of the local communities in which the institution is chartered that is consistent with the safe and sound operation of the institution.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Structure of Accountability – Topic 3
- Definitions – Topic 4
- Performance Tests, Standards and Ratings – Topic 5
- Small and Intermediate Small Bank Performance Standards – Topic 6
- Strategic Plan Guidelines – Topic 7
- Assigned Ratings – Topic 8
- Effect of CRA Performance on Applications – Topic 9
- Ratings Under Appendix A – Topic 10
- Assessment Area Delineation – Topic 11
- Data Collection, Reporting and Disclosure – Topic 12
- CRA Public File and Notice – Topic 13
- Disclosure and Reporting of CRA Related Agreements – Topic 14
- Non-Discrimination Policy – Topic 15
- Complaint Policy – Topic 16
- CRA Branch Closure Policy – Topic 17
- Charitable Contributions Policy – Topic 18
- Staff Training – Topic 19
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 20
Recent updates to this product:
OCC Bulletin 2022-2 – State Community Reinvestment Laws; Consumer Complaint: Input from State Officials and Consumer Complaint Referrals from States
Joint Release – Agencies Release Annual CRA Asset-Size Threshold Adjustments for Small and Intermediate Small Institutions
This Community Reinvestment Act Policy Template (approximately 51 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.