Regulation CC/Expedited Funds Availability Act (EFAA) Policy
The purpose of this Regulation CC (EFAA) Policy Template is to address how a financial institution adheres to Regulation CC – “Expedited Funds Availability Act” (EFAA). See more information about this product below.
Regulation CC Policy
The purpose of this Regulation CC Policy Template is to address how a financial institution adheres to Regulation CC – “Expedited Funds Availability Act” (EFAA).
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Contents – Topic 1
- Policy Statement – Topic 2
- Definitions – Topic 3
- Audit Policy – Topic 4
- Staff Training – Topic 5
- Retention of Documentation – Topic 6
Subpart B – Availability of Funds and Disclosure of Funds Availability Policies
- Next Day Availability – Topic 1
- Availability Schedule – Topic 2
- Exceptions – Topic 3
- Payment of Interest – Topic 4
- General Disclosure Requirements – Topic 5
- Specific Availability Policy Disclosure – Topic 6
- Additional Disclosure Requirements – Topic 7
- Miscellaneous – Topic 8
- Relation to State Law – Topic 9
- Civil Liability – Topic 10
Subpart C – Collection of Checks
- Electronic Checks and Electronic Information – Topic 1
- Paying Bank’s Responsibility for Return of Checks and Notices of Nonpayment – Topic 2
- Returning Bank’s Responsibility for Return of Checks – Topic 3
- Depository Bank’s Responsibility for Returned Checks and Notice of Nonpayment – Topic 4
- Warranties and Indemnities – Topic 5
- Indorsements – Topic 6
- Presentment and Issuance of Checks – Topic 7
- Variation by Agreement – Topic 8
- Liability – Topic 9
- lnsolvency of Bank – Topic 10
- Effect of Merger Transaction – Topic 11
- Relation to State Law – Topic 12
- Exclusions – Topic 13
- Checks Payable in Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands – Topic 14
Subpart D – Substitute Checks
- General Provisions Governing Substitute Checks – Topic 1
- Substitute Check Warranties – Topic 2
- Substitute Check Indemnity – Topic 3
- Expedited Recredit for Consumers – Topic 4
- Expedited Recredit for Banks – Topic 5
- Liability – Topic 6
- Consumer Awareness – Topic 7
- Mode of Delivery of Information – Topic 8
- Relation to Other Law – Topic 9
- Variation by Agreement – Topic 10
Recent updates to this product:
Joint Press Release – Agencies Issue Final Amendments to Regulation CC Regarding Funds Availability
Federal Reserve Board Approves Final Amendments to Liability Provisions of Regulation CC
Deletion of Guidance Prior to 07/01/18 Effective Date
Federal Reserve Press Release – Final Amendments to the Check Collection and Return Provisions in Regulation CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks)
This Regulation CC Policy Template (approximately 49 pages) is available to purchase from BankPolicies.com in Microsoft® Word format for $275.00.
Want to ensure your purchase from BankPolicies.com remains current? Add a Product Update Protection Plan to your shopping cart to ensure that you will automatically receive an updated version every time it is revised via e-mail within one year from the last date of purchase. This timely and cost-effective solution ensures that you stay on top of federal regulatory changes and industry recommended best practices.
When updates are made you will receive detailed information regarding why the product was updated and what has changed within the product in our Product Update Notification e-mail correspondence. This enables you to make an informed decision on whether to make any changes to the policy or procedure you implemented for your financial institution from the revised template.
BankPolicies.com provides your financial institution with the best bank policy template products available in the industry. You will always be up to date with the latest changes to bank policies and never have to worry about being out of compliance with the various laws, rules and regulations issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), or other federal regulatory bodies that may apply to your organization.
Our dedicated staff of career banking industry professionals are ready to keep your financial institution up to date with the latest bank policy standards and industry best practices. Purchase your bank policies from us today and rest easy knowing you have the right team helping you and your organization stay compliant. We look forward to earning your business for all of your bank policy needs.